Work Related Injuries (WorkCover)
Injuries at work can occur suddenly, such as a slip or fall, or slowly over time with repetitive strain on an area of the body. Work injuries are a stressful period for those involved. WorkCover now allows early access to Physiotherapy services. Our staff are SIRA qualified and here to help you get back to work.
What to do after a work injury:
- Inform employer regarding injury as soon as possible.
- Your employer will lodge claim with WorkCover.
- Claim number will be issued by WorkCover.
- Visit your GP to rule out serious injury and to organise any further medical intervention.
- Contact us to start your Physiotherapy journey.
- Claim number will be required before treatment can start.
- Up to 8 sessions approved with claim number.
Benefits of Physiotherapy after a work injury:
- Relieve pain.
- Increase strength and flexibility.
- Improve functional abilities at work and home.
- Co-ordinate return to work duties.
- Provide Ergonomic Advice.
- Provide workplace injury prevention advice.
Common work injuries:
Some of the most common work injuries seen by Physiotherapists are due to over use. Overuse injuries develop when a worker repetitively overloads their body during activities such as lifting, typing, gripping. Symptoms can arise due to damage to soft tissues such as muscles or tendons. Overuse can also be related to poor working conditions and incorrect work environment setups.
Back and Neck Pain
Back and neck pain are commonly seen in office workers and also workers who have physically demanding jobs. Poor posture, inadequate muscle strength and poor work environment can contribute to back and neck pain.
Sprains and Strains
Many workers suffer ligament sprains or muscle strains. These can occur when a worker over stretches, twists or overloads a joint or some soft tissue. Soft tissue sprains and strains are common work injuries which respond well to treatment.
Return to Work Program
At Pilates Power & Physiotherapy Cronulla, we not only treat your work injury, but we will work with you, your GP and your employer to develop a plan to return to work. We will also design a return to work program which will involve stretches and exercises to ensure you minimise your chance of re-injury.
For more information on how we can further assist you, please call our clinic number on 8544-1224 or send us an email on email@example.com for further details. Our Physiotherapists are Medicare, DVA, Work Cover and CTP approved, specialising in injury management and rehabilitation to get you back on track.