Pilates is a system of exercises originally developed by Joseph Pilates in the early half of the 20th century. The intention of Pilates practice is strengthening both the mind and body, where physical and mental health are seen as intertwined.
The Pilates method of exercising offers a total body conditioning program which enhances one’s quality of life and movement through improving body awareness and alignment, strength, flexibility, balance and co-ordination.
Benefits of Pilates:
- Improved posture and core stability
- Heightened body awareness
- Improved flexibility and muscle tone
- Reduced aches and pains
- Increased vitality
- Better balance and coordination
- Relieves stress and tension
- Suitable for all ages and fitness levels